Ford SYNC®: The Infotainment System of the Future
Are you on the hunt for a car, truck, or SUV equipped with the most advanced infotainment systems? You’re in luck! Ford SYNC® infotainment technology delivers a highly capable, intelligently designed interface with the cutting-edge features your daily drive deserves. To learn more about the two available versions of SYNC® infotainment, continue reading the comprehensive review below created by the product specialists at Westlie Ford in Washougal, WA.
If you have any questions before continuing, reach out to the Westlie Ford team by calling (877) 299-1138.
What is Ford SYNC®?
SYNC® is the first-generation of Ford’s infotainment systems which allows drivers to connect with their music and entertainment wherever the road takes them. Using Bluetooth® technology and voice recognition, you can wirelessly stream your favorite content right off your phone, make calls, and more. You can even enjoy a personalized playlist put together by SYNC®. Features you’ll find with the SYNC® infotainment system include:
- Hands-free calling
- SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
- Voice recognition
- SYNC® AppLink™
- Music search and control
- 911 Assist
What is Ford SYNC® 3?
Ford SYNC® 3 is the latest generation of SYNC® infotainment technology, and it offers every feature found on the standard system, as well as several impressive additions. It’s more intuitive, responsive, and capable than ever before. When driving a Ford model equipped with SYNC® 3, you’ll enjoy the following features:
- SYNC® Connect including a Wi-Fi® hotspot and FordPass™
- Ford+Alexa including voice navigation, traffic information, and much more!
- Android Auto™ compatibility with Google Maps™, Google Now, and Google Music
- Apple CarPlay™ compatibility
- Enhanced voice recognition
- Capacitive touchscreen
- Available navigation with SiriusXM® Traffic and Travel Link®
How Do I Connect to Ford SYNC®?
Connecting to your Ford SYNC® system is easy and can be completed in just a few simple steps. Once paired, you’ll enjoy features such as hands-free calling, audio streaming, and more! To connect your smart phone to your vehicle’s SYNC® infotainment system, follow the steps below.
- Start your Ford vehicle and make sure the audio system is turned on, as well as your phone’s Bluetooth® feature.
- Press the PHONE button. When the audio display indicates there is no paired phone, selection the option to add.
- When a message to begin pairing appears in the audio display, search for SYNC on your phone to start the pairing process.
- When prompted on your cell phone’s display, confirm that the PIN provided by SYNC matches the PIN displayed on your cell phone.
- Your phone is now paired and the display indicates that the pairing was successful.
- Enjoy Ford SYNC!
Which New Ford Models Come with Ford SYNC®?
Whether you need a sensible Ford car for commuting, a roomy Ford SUV for the family, or a highly capable Ford truck for your business, you’ll be able to enjoy Ford SYNC® or SYNC® 3 in nearly every new and recent model year Ford vehicle. Check out the Ford models available with SYNC® technology below, and then head over to the new inventory at our Ford dealership in Washougal, WA to find your perfect model.
|Ford Cars||Ford SUVs||Ford Trucks/Vans|
After learning about the impressive Ford SYNC® infotainment technology, experience it firsthand by scheduling a test drive with your favorite model at our showroom. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to the Westlie Ford team through our contact form or by calling (877) 299-1138.