2019 Ford Ranger First Look for Washougal, WA Drivers
Your first look at the highly anticipated, brand-new 2019 Ford Ranger has arrived! The 2019 Ford Ranger has been engineered and tested to meet the grueling standards of the Built Ford Tough® attitude. Just like every Ford truck, the new Ranger displays the toughness, durability, and capability that only come from over 100 years of Ford’s relentless pursuit of engineering excellence. To help you learn more about the new Ranger and what you can expect, the product specialists at Westlie Ford have put together this first look overview below.
If you have any questions before continuing with the page below, give the team at our Ford dealership in Washougal, WA a call at (877) 299-1138.
2019 Ford Ranger First Look: Power & Capability
When it comes to power and capability, the 2019 Ranger delivers on all fronts. From a turbocharged engine to fantastic off-road upgrades, the new Ranger offers several new features you’ll love having on your next adventure. Check out additional Ford Ranger specs below:
- 3L EcoBoost® engine with Auto Start-Stop technology – Designed to optimize power and efficiency using turbocharging and direct gasoline injection. It’s also paired with an innovative, class-exclusive 10-speed automatic transmission.
- Enhanced for Greater Capability- Featuring a forged crankshaft and connecting rods and a double-roller timing chain, the aluminum 2.3L engine has been beefed up to tackle the toughest jobs.
- Drivetrain Options – The Ranger will offer both two-and four-wheel drive configurations.
- FX4 Off-Road Package – Includes bash and skid plates to help protect the undercarriage from damage, all-terrain tires that feature an aggressive tread pattern for enhanced traction off road, and a status screen that lets you monitor the pitch and roll of the truck and steering angles of the front wheels.
- Trail Control™ – Brake and throttle control can be difficult over rough or rocky terrain. Available Trail Control™ is like an off-road cruise control. With the push of a button, it engages the engine, transmission, and brakes to maintain a constant speed of between approximately 1 and 20 mph.
- Terrain Management System™ – Lets you shift on the fly into one of four modes-Grass/Gravel/Snow, Mud Ruts, Sand, and Normal mode. Each mode has a specific mapping for the throttle and transmission, which adjusts throttle tip-in and shift points.
- Electronic Locking Rear Differential – The available rear-locking differential is designed for use at low speeds on low-traction surfaces. It provides excellent off-road performance in mud, snow, sand, or gravel. It also excels on steep or slippery grades such as boat ramps.
2019 Ford Ranger First Look: Safety & Technology
Ford once again pulls out all the stops when it comes to safety and technology in the new 2019 Ranger. Stay safe with a host of advanced driver-assistance systems designed to help increase your situational awareness when driving, while at the same time reducing the chances of a collision occurring in the first place. Everyone will also enjoy trips of any length thanks to innovative infotainment technology. View additional Ford Ranger features below:
- Blind Spot Information System – The available BLIS with class-exclusive trailer coverage alerts you when a vehicle is detected in the blind spot of your Ranger. To help when you’re towing, it also alerts you when a vehicle is detected in the blind spot of your trailer.
- Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection – Your Ranger will alert you if it senses a potential collision with a car or pedestrian in front of you. If you don’t reach in time, the brakes will precharge and increase brake sensitivity to provide full responsiveness. If corrective action is not taken and a collision becomes imminent, the brakes can apply automatically.
- Available Adaptive Cruise Control – When its radar sensor detects that the vehicle in front of you is slowing, it automatically slows your vehicle down. After traffic has cleared, your vehicle resumes the preset speed and distance.
- Available Lane-Keeping System – Can alert you to unintentional lane drifting. Should you begin to drift out of your lane, the available lane-keeping system can alert you by vibrating the steering wheel and/or apply steering torque, to assist you to steer the vehicle back into the lane.
- FordPass Connect® – Can create an in-vehicle Wi-Fi hotspot to which you can connect up to 10 devices. You can also use FordPass™ to keep track of your Wi-Fi data usage. The hotspot can be accessed up to 50 ft. outside the vehicle.
- Available SYNC® 3 – Features Apply CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility, Ford+Alexa personal-assistant functionality, optional navigation, and an 8-in. center touchscreen.
- 4G LTE connectivity– Supports up to 10 devices.
Available Ford Ranger Models
The new Ford Ranger pickup truck will be available in three trim levels: the XL, XLT, and Lariat. The new Ranger will also be available in both SuperCab and SuperCrew configurations. You will have a choice of eight exterior colors, ranging from bold and fun to rugged and classic, and eight different wheel designs in 17- and 18-in. sizes.
While the brand-new 2019 Ranger won’t be available until early next year, our Ford dealership still offer several highly capable pickup trucks that can help you tackle your daily grind with ease. To learn more about our available pickup trucks or if you have any questions, reach out to the friendly and knowledge team at Westlie Ford in Washougal, WA through our contact form, or give us a call at (877) 299-1138.